Chakras & Emotional Awareness
“Merging our knowledge of the Chakras and the science of sound we have an opportunity to understand and balance both the conscious and unconscious levels of the body, mind & emotions.”
The word “chakra” comes from the ancient language of Sanskrit and translates to “wheel of light.” Chakras are centers of subtle energy & nerve ganglia, located throughout the body; they provide a way for energy to enter and exit your body and help regulate how your energy flows on all levels (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual). The network of the chakras form a road map that can help you explore your inner & outer experiences. The world’s sages and healers tell us that as a result of our inner resonance with the divine, the power to heal ultimately comes from within ourselves thus offering, through our choices, Heart/Centered Awareness.
“All healing comes from attuning each atom of the body, each reﬂex of the brain forces, to the awareness of the divine.”
–Twentieth-century seer and healer, Edgar Cayce
Eastern theology teaches of the seven major chakras in the mid-line of the body. They run from the base of the spine to the top of the head. There are also studies of a “12-22 chakra system” that coordinates with the original strands of DNA we once operated with in past Golden Ages upon our planetary experience. We have many more minor chakras, for instance on the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet, as well as above the head and below the feet in our subtle morphogenetic realms.
Each major chakra is associated with a particular function. These energy centers are connected to each other and to our body’s organs, through an extensive network of energy called Meridians in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Chakras can be imagined like swirling vortexes of electromagnetic activity. Energy moves through them like through a funnel and helps to maintain a dynamic balance between receiving and releasing excess energy. So you can imagine the blockages that occur when our energetic flow becomes stagnant, clogged or blocked.
Chakras are unique in their own frequency of vibration, corresponding to sound, light, color (and emotion). The ‘higher’ the chakra, the higher the vibration, or frequency. Hence, the base chakra, located at the base of the spine has a lower frequency than the crown chakra, at the top of the head. By offering a precise frequency to each chakra, we assist with restoration of a balanced flow of energy.
It is believed that there are a variety of components that make up the human energy system. All aspects of the system are intimately connected to each other, and form a finely woven network of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual energies.
With greater understanding of our subtle energies, we can see how our thoughts, emotions and physical body are interrelated.
The activity of any one aspect ultimately affects the others. Thoughts influence emotions. Thoughts and emotions influence the heart/mind body relationship.
An imbalance in the chakra system causes disharmony. The connections go all ways. Emotional imbalance, is viewed as a disruption of the flow of energy through the chakras and meridians. Similarly, in Energy Medicine, physical pain is thought to be caused by this disruption.
Each chakra correlates with a certain part of the body and a certain organ providing the energy to function. Additionally, just as every organ in the human body has its equivalent on the mental and spiritual level, so too every chakra corresponds to a specific aspect of human behavior and development. The openness and flow of energy through our chakras determines our state of health and balance. Knowledge of our more subtle energy system empowers us to maintain balance and harmony.
Our circular spirals of energy differ in size and activity from person to person. They vibrate at different levels relative to the awareness of the individual and their ability to integrate the characteristics of each into their life. The lower chakras are associated with fundamental emotions and needs, for the energy here vibrates at a lower frequency and is therefore denser in nature. The finer energies of the upper chakras corresponds to our higher mental and spiritual aspirations and faculties.
The beauty of Sound Healing is the participant experiences a non-invasive & gentle inner journey as the sound currents gently balance and tune our entire energetic system. It is up to you to continue with your inner healing journey and become aware of the signals your emotions are giving you to lovingly reflect upon. Layer by layer we become healthy, whole, happy & complete.
Emotions and feelings are able to close down the chakras, if they’re not processed adequately.
- Root Chakra: Fear/The right to be here…/survival instinct or-addictions, blame, feeling burdened, distrust, discouraged, fear of past/future, feeling numb, financial insecurity, greed, lack consciousness, inability to accept changes, long carried resentment, instability, insecurity, materialistic, ungrounded, constant moving or changing of jobs, fear of abandonment.
- Sacral Chakra: Guilt/The right to feel/movement-explorations through the senses/sexuality and reproduction…/managing emotions or creativity blockage, depression, denial of own needs, expect worst, fear of parent, feeling ashamed, victimized, embarrassed, frustrated, guilt, impatience, introverted, infidelity, lack of motivation, nervous, obsessive behavior, over-eating, sexual issues, unexpressed emotions, unworthiness
- Solar Plexus Chakra: Shame/the right to act/individual will, illumination as we merge with Divine Will…/purpose or- anxiety, aggressive, bitterness, blame, careless towards self & others, chronic issues, control issues, not standing up for what is right, dread, over dominating, egoistic, fear of rejection, feeling powerless, suppressed childhood issues, indecisive, justification, low or over self-esteem, low or over self-confidence, passive, self-criticizing, suppressed feelings, giving your power away, unable to make decisions.
- Heart Chakra: Sorrow/ The right to love and be loved/the balance point between the material & spiritual aspects of existence, joyful love or-blocking love, happiness and joy, commitment issues, cold and distant, despairing, clinging, negativity, depression, hatred, feeling stifled, fear of abandonment, desperation, jealousy, difficulty in giving and receiving, feeling used, grief, lack of compassion, hopelessness, lack of self- love, sadness, selfish love, self-pity, suppressed emotion & suppressed tears, trust & denial issues, unexpressed-sorrow, love, anger, compassion & empathy, forgiveness or unforgiveness.
- Throat Chakra: Lies/The right to speak and hear truth/ personal truth, artistic self-expression, hearing & listening as the Divine does or- verbally abusive, bad listener, interrupting, confusion, criticism, communication problem, voice feels blocked, humiliation, introvert or extrovert, incapable of saying what is in mind and heart, judgmental, not speaking truth, self-denial, shy, suppressed emotions & anger talking too much or too quiet, unable to speak up, unable to ask for what you need, unable to state your point of view.
- Third Eye Chakra: Illusion/The right to see/dispeller of illusion, ultimate intelligence entered in through the silence within, discernment or-aloofness, loss of connection with high self or source information, denial of truth, not wanting to look into own life, difficulty in planning long term future, blocked perceptions, irritation, impatient, rigid thinking, scattered thoughts, self-unworthiness, self-criticism, self-centered, stifled thinking, superstitious, lack of perception in problem solving, mind overdrive, looping of negative thought patterns, intuition, psychic perception, imagination.
- Crown Chakra: Attachment/The right to know/awareness, divine wisdom, connection with High Self or-stagnation held in old beliefs, unconscious imprinted programming, being over-intellectual all the time, depression, feeling lost or drifty, inability to trust life-values, lack of self- understanding, lack of faith, lack of inspiration, overly spiritual, prejudiced, rigid, unable to accept new ideas, unable to receive universal power.
Emotional Awareness & Corresponding Organs
The Harmonic Scale of Emotion, as described by Robert Tennyson Stevens, indicates which emotions are high frequency and which ones are not. The highest frequency emotions are gratitude, love, enthusiasm and joy. This is followed by pain (emotional or physical) which is followed by anger. The next lower frequency emotion is fear, which is followed by grief. Below grief is apathy. Finally, the lowest frequency emotion is unconsciousness (meaning we have completely blocked out memories or situations from our lives). If we are experiencing anything less than enthusiasm for an extended period of time in our life, we are lowering our immune system & running the risk of illness, depression or disease.
“Love is the highest vibration, the fundamental octave, the fundamental tone that resonates through the entire Universe and through all dimensions. This tone is the fabric that holds the worlds and atoms together.”
-Tom Kenyon & Virginia Essene